Frequently Asked Questions
The AFM is not a festival so we do not accept film submissions. Only films represented by exhibiting companies may purchase screening times at AFM screening venues. You may contact one of the exhibiting companies for representation. The AFM will not recommend any company nor is it involved in these arrangements. To view a list of sales companies that are members of IFTA, visit http://www.ifta-online.org/member-directory.
Industry Badges permit access to Exhibitor floors, the Filmmakers Lounge, most screenings and AFM transportation.
Before October 10, Buyer Badges are $495 per person. After October 10, Buyer Badges are $545 per person.
Buyer Badges permit access to Buyer Breakfasts, the Buyers Lounge, Exhibitor floors, most screenings and AFM transportation.
Only pre-accredited Buyers may register for a Buyer Badge
No. Buyer Accreditation is a process that must take place before registering as a Buyer for the AFM.
Buyer Accreditation is the process of determining whether or not a company is a Buyer according to the AFM’s definition. AFM defines a Buyer as one of the following:
- A company which has contracted with one or more members of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) to distribute in at least one audio-visual medium, at least three motion pictures or television programs during the last three years.
- A company which has contracted with one or more members of IFTA for such company to sub-distribute (i.e. re-license) in at least one audio-visual medium at least three motion pictures or television programs during the last three years.
All accreditations requests must be submitted by October 10. No accreditations will be done during the AFM.
Any production or distribution company may exhibit at the AFM.
An Exhibitor office may be requested anytime until space is sold out. However, to participate in the first round of assignments, the Exhibition Agreement and deposit must be received by Friday, June 13.
Costs to exhibit with space start at $3,900. Exhibition Options:
- Mini-Booth Exhibitor: Located on the 3rd floor of the Santa Monica Beach Hotel, mini-booths are 52 sq.ft. The total cost is $3,900 and includes (2) Exhibitor Photo Badges.
- Exhibitor With Office: Company pays a $3,500 exhibition fee that includes three (3) Exhibitor Photo Badges. In addition to the fee, the office rental costs start at $6,626 for a 330 sq.ft. office on the 2nd floor of the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel.
- Exhibitor Without Office: Company pays the $3,500 exhibition fee includes three (3) Exhibitor Photo Badges. A company registered as an Exhibitor Without Office cannot screen in AFM theaters.
The AFM is held in a hotel and the rooms are set-up as offices. The offices are to be used for exhibiting only – there is no sleeping in the offices.
You may contact one of the exhibiting sales companies for representation. The AFM will not recommend any specific exhibitor nor is it involved in these arrangements. To view a list of sales companies that are IFTA members, see IFTA Member Directory.
Screening fees range from $290 for video to $1,470 for 2K digital or 3D.
Digital 2K (DCP), 3D, HDCAM and HDCAM SR, Blu-ray and DVD (NTSC, PAL & SECAM).
Exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available for companies that provide services or products to the entertainment industry. See Sponsor information.
Santa Monica, California. The Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is the AFM headquarters. Screenings take place at theaters throughout Santa Monica and Conferences are held at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel. See the AFM Campus Map.
The AFM is a marketplace where producers and distributors license films. The AFM is not a festival - there are no competitions or prizes. See AFI FEST to learn more about AFM's festival partner.
Yes. Please see How to Register under Attendee & Buyer Resources for more information.
Attendees may register in advance or on-site. It is suggested that you pre-register for discounts and convenience.
If you are a Platinum Pass or Executive Pass Plus holder, you have ticketless entry to all AFM Conferences.The Industry Pass Plus offers ticketless entry to four AFM Conferences beginning on Saturday. Conference tickets can also be purchased separately.
For more information visit www.AmericanFilmMarket.com/attendee-options
The AFM offers discounted rates at official AFM Hotels for Registered Attendees. Reservations must be made through the AFM. Hotel reservations are only accepted with a corresponding badge order. Please see the registration page for more details.
November 5 - 12, 2014
November 4 - 11, 2015
November 2 - 9, 2016
November 1 - 8, 2017